Tuesday, August 25, 2009

1st Birthday Cake: Sweet Monkey Cake

Today's blog post has a monkey theme to it. Firstly, a monkey birthday cake for a little girl who turned 1. I also added a cute little red bow just in front of the ear after I took this picture.
This cake was many layers of zesty lemon cake with vanilla swiss meringue buttercream covered in chocolate fondant (the stuff that tastes like tootsie roll)

And what is yummier than Banana Sour Cream cupcakes with chocolate buttercream? Actually maybe cream cheese icing on it....

These monkey cupcakes were chocolate sour cream cupcakes with vanilla buttercream with a design that I picked up from the Frosted Caken Cookie
I also made these with a more 2D-ish monkey face too. These were banana cupcakes with cream cheese icing.

9 comments:

Mar Varela said...

So funny, My son say: make me one this!!!!!
A kiss from Spain

Baker's Cakes said...

That cake and cupcakes are amazing! Adorable and incredible as usual!!!

Rafael Logrono said...

This is such a cute cake! Can't wait til your site is up and running!

-Rafael :)

Jacqueline Butler said...

So amazing! Your sculpting skills just inspire me...and the cupcakes are adorable! Flavor combos sound delicious too! Wow.

Cake Fixation said...

OMG... this is so cute!!!! I love it!

Unknown said...

I love the monkey cake...especially the little cupcake in front! Also adore all the cupcakes...so cute & look so yummy!

Coco Cake Land said...

AHHH such a cute cake!! the banana topped cupcakes are so awesome too!!

great work juanita!
xo

Danielle said...

too cute.

Karen said...

That's so cute.Love the banana's & the monkey